The Thayer Hotel
The Thayer Hotel at West Point has been part of American history since 1926, when it was originally constructed to accommodate U.S. Military Academy personnel and their guests. It was a successor of the original West Point Hotel and is named for Colonel Sylvanius Thayer, Superintendent of the Academy from 1817 to 1833.
Set on a hilltop overlooking the majestic Hudson River, The Thayer Hotel at West Point is a national historic landmark located in the heart of the Hudson Valley NY. With beautiful vistas, 151 luxury guest rooms, 10 meetings rooms, and fine dining, The Thayer Hotel at West Point is an ideal destination for a vacation, business meeting, or elegant wedding.
Listed on the National Registry of Historic Places, The Thayer Hotel sits on the grounds of the U.S. Military Academy at West Point, and of all the luxury New York hotels, it is the only full-service hotel on the Hudson River from the George Washington Bridge to Albany, NY.