Nestled in the canyons of Los Angeles, Hotel Bel-Air has been a hideaway for world travelers for more than 50 years. The hotel, opened in 1946, is surrounded by 12 acres of lush gardens and soaring trees. Intimate shaded courtyards, gurgling fountains and wrought-iron terraces accentuate the pink stucco mission-style structure of the 1920s.
Re-opening in 2011
Hotel Bel-Air has embarked on an extensive refurbishment project that
includes the renovation of all 91 rooms and suites, the famous
Champagne Bar and the hotel’s restaurant, event spaces and private
dining rooms. Additionally, a further 12 villas and a 12,000 square
foot Spa with three additional spa suites will be developed within the
hotel’s 12 acre grounds that are home to some of L.A.’s most beautiful
and exotic gardens. As we move forward with the project, we will:
- Maintain the existing iconic Spanish colonial beauty of the signature pink stucco buildings, red tile roofs, and majestic bell tower.
- Preserve our 12-acre private sanctuary of hundreds of plants, flowers, trees, and botanical wonders that grace the property including our wedding gazebo, the ethereal Swan Lake and our beloved swans.
- Reduce our water consumption by using state-of-the-art practices such as the storage and subsequent use of greywater for landscaping, recycling water in Swan Lake and using indoor conservation technologies such as low-flow toilets and fixtures in every guest room.
- Upgrade our infrastructure and technologies including a new more efficient central plant to lower our energy use throughout the hotel.
- Incorporate 12 new villas within the grounds, consistent with the architecture and quality of the hotel today.
- Finalize the new Spa with seven treatment rooms and three Spa suites.
- Improve the guest experience in all of the existing rooms and suites, including refreshing the interiors and improving the in-room acoustics, lighting, plumbing, air-conditioning and technology.
- Upgrade the interiors in the Champagne Bar and Restaurant maintaining our signature services and offerings such as the exclusive Table One.