The hotel in the 1960s | contemporary photograph not provided
Located in the very heart of Brussels, adjacent to one of the most beautiful squares in Europe, Grand Place, close to Brussels' financial district and within easy walking distance of the antiques district of Le Sablon. After serving various purposes since the 16th century the building was transformed into a hotel in 1957. Historic artefacts displayed on the premises include canvases from famous artists, such as Courtens, Dansaert and Wagemans together with paintings by the Dutch and Italian schools. Flemish wall tapestries from the 18th century and the authentic paving stones in the lobby, which were originally used in the surrounding streets, help to create the special charm and character of this place.
Room in the 1970s
The famous Amigo bar in the 1970s
Ther perfect place for a conferrence or a private meal — Amigo in the 1970s