Rarely hotels have professionally organised archives. Before we can start our research work, we have to build an archive.
10 essential considerations for hoteliers. The thing you should not be worried about should not worry you at all.
Here's what to do:
Communication with the Future
Dear hotelier, are you aware that your hotel is either making history or that history is made at your hotel as we speak?
How do you record these events?
How well organised are your archives?
Please run through the following questions and let's check together if everything is all right:
Do you have one person assigned to organise and keep your hotel's archives?
Do you know what to keep?
Do you keep photographs of VIP arrivals and do you digitalize them?
In case of disaster do you store a copy of historically significant documents in a safe place outside of the hotel?
Are you keeping copies of your homepage or are they all lost once they are updated?
Are you filing copies of all menus of your restaurants?
Do you have an ideal place to store them?
Do you know how to archive such documents to keep them in mint condition?
Do you use filing systems that do not destroy documents within a few years?
Do you know how to organise a digital archive?
If you can answer all these questions with yes, we would like to know more about your archives.
If most of the answers are NO, we should be contacted.
The Most Famous Hotels in the World (Famous Hotels) offers help.
We have established a highly efficient back-up concept and technique of archiving material of historical value.
- It saves your documents (jeopardized by time, climate, ignorance and neglect) for ever.
- It saves space.
- It saves research time - you virtually have all your historical data to hand at the click of a mouse.
- It gives you a clear picture of the most important events in the history of your hotel.
- It gives you a perfect timeline - what happened when?
- It is easy to archive current affairs.
- It gives every department a clear picture what to archive and when (F&B menus, Front office VIP arrivals, etc.).
- It gives you peace of mind when you think about that little room in the basement, or that locker in your office, where valuable historic documents are stored.
- It gives you global exposure here on famoushotels.org
- It is your history button on your website, your social medie agent, your competitive advantage.
Once a year compile a memorandum of the most important events of the past year.
Have each department deliver a report of the past year.
Buidling and maintainance activities,
Arrival of famous guests,
Major staff rotations, retirement of long serving staff,
Budget, Loss, Profit
Photographs, Original menus of all F&B outlets.
File it and create collection of yearbooks
Please contact us for more information.